Installation of Joomla
How to install Joomla, steb by step..
- Find a host (hosting) for your needs. Check with the appropriate webhost that they meet the requirements for a Joomla installation. This normally stated on the hosting companys web site. Most of them meets the requirements for a joomla installation, but check to be sure when it is very tedious to find out at a later date when the web is often bought and paid for and you banging your head against the wall during installation.
- There are two ways you can install joomla. You can either download the latest version of the software package from joomla.org and then upload to your webhost via ftp. The other option is to choose a web host that has an automatic installation script for joomla. This is much easier and much faster and does not mean that you can make changes later via ftp if you wish.
- As a beginner, you can save yourself a lot of time at the start of your new website to choose a web host that offers automatic installation of joomla. A tip in this regard is to look for a webhost that has the user interface "c-panel" which is a standard solution that many webhosts use. This interface is very good and friendly. It has many great additional features and applications that can be easily installed in the interface as backup programs, mail client, ftp client, statistical tools and of course Joomla. Joomla is often under a separate installation application in backend such as Softaculous and Fantastico. Ensure that the installation application is updated with the latest version of Joomla. This should be Joomla 2.5.xx. or higher. Joomla 1.5.xx. is outdated and should not be installed unless you are totally dependent on one or more extensions that are not upgraded to fit Joomla 2.5.xx.
- If your hosting provider does not offer c-panel or similar solution you must go the slightly heavier road by upload the software to ftp and then go through the installation process itself. But do not let this stop you, even if it is a bit more cumbersome, it is certainly manageable. Start by downloading the latest version of Joomla from Joomla.org and extract it in a local folder on your PC. You then upload the extracted folder to the web via a ftp client (there are several free FTP clients provided on pages like download.com). The upload should made to the root of the domain.
When the application is properly uploaded to the web host, enter the domain to your new website in a web browser. Here you have to go through an installation process in 7 steps where the first step that is ready and waiting for you is language. The next steps follow step by step and it follows the explanation process. You may have to connect to a database, you have created by your webhost. In many cases, this automatically created for you when you purchase a package with domain and hosting. Conversely fal can be created in the control panel of your hosting.
- Finally joomla is installed on your domain and is ready for use. In the installation process you can choose to install the sample data which can make sense so you can see what options you have in the program. The sample data can then disable or remove completely if you like.